Everyone loves a freshly cooked & fluffy pancake! So after many attempts at finding a healthier option for these fluffy delights that actually taste good and have a similar final product to your Aunt Jemima’s Pancake Mix; I stumbled upon this recipe on bodybuilding.com and I have to say these are by far the best protein pancakes I have made to date! Here is what you need:
* 1 scoop your favourite protein ( I used Kaizen Naturals Chocolate Isolate)
* 1/2 cup egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
* 1/2 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
* 1/2 medium banana
* 1/2 cup blueberries
* 2 tsp baking powder
- Place raw, uncooked oatmeal in a blender or food processor and blend until it becomes fine flour.
- Add eggs, banana, protein powder, and baking powder and pulse blend until smooth.
- Toss blueberries into the batter and mix using a spatula or spoon.
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat and measure out about 1/8 cup or 2 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- Cover the pancakes while they cook to help the inside cook faster. Cook them for about 45 seconds to 1 minute on the first side, and then about 30-45 seconds on the other side.
To top is all off I use a teaspoon of Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, serve & enjoy!