Hilary has spent the last 8 years in the corporate world as a sales manager for Western Canada. She loved the business side of things but ultimately her passion lies in all things health & fitness. She strives to spread her love of movement to as many people as possible. She's worked as a race coach helping athletes dial in all aspect necessary for peak performance, specifically the physical and mental toughness needed to conquer big endurance events. She graduated with a BA in Psychology from UBC and earned NSCA – CPT certification more recently.
Her athletic career was primarily hockey, ringette, and baseball growing up. Highlights included being named captain of Team BC for both hockey and ringette and playing in the NWHL for the Vancouver Griffins (since dissolved due to ownership changes). She finished out her hockey career in the NCAA and a few years at UBC in the CIS.
Since then She's played every sport she can fit in from surfing, rock climbing, and golf, to Ironman and fighting. The only thing she doesn’t play is volleyball because she's scared of the ball!
A few athletic accomplishments from 2014 – 2017 include:
- Kickboxing - Amateur Fight - Win TKO
- Jiu Jitsu gi - Western Canada Championship - Gold medal
- Jiu Jitsu no gi - Western Canada Championship - Gold medal
- Muay Thai - Western Canada Championship - Gold medal
- Ironman Canada 2014 – All World Athlete Bronze level
- Ironman70.3 x 2
- Olympic distance triathlon – 3rd age cat
- 50km – 60km Ultramarathons x 2
- 160km Run from Vancouver – Pemberton – 22.5 hours
- 13km Survival of the fittest trail race – 3rd woman overall
- 8km Cap Crusher trail race – 1st woman overall
- 10km Foretrails trail race – 3rd woman overall
- 5km road races x 6 – 5 x 2nd place finishes
- Road Marathons x 2
- Road ½ Marathons x 4
- 10km Road Races x 13 – 2 podium finishes