BKin, Canfitpro, NCCP
Ilan has been involved in the strength and conditioning industry for over 10 years, both as an athlete and as a coach. As a high performance athlete he has been the recipient of a variety of different training methods and from that has drawn many of his own beliefs and philosophies. Ilan has worked with a wide range of athletes from NHL to minor hockey players, along with a variety of other sports including rugby, football, and soccer.
Growing up in Vancouver, Ilan graduated from Prince of Wales Secondary School and went on to play three years of junior hockey. He began his junior career with the Burnaby Express and played his last two years as the captain of the Surrey Eagles Junior A Hockey Club. He then received a scholarship to play with the University of Saskatchewan Huskie Hockey team. Ilan is currently completing his Kinesiology degree at the University of British Columbia while playing for both the Men’s Varsity Hockey Team and Men’s Varsity Rugby Team.
A highly motivated individual, Ilan is working towards getting his Masters Degree in Physical Therapy and strives to one day start his own athlete development center. Before pursuing this career path Ilan is still working towards his lifelong goal of playing professional hockey in Europe or North America.
Ilan is a strong believer that exercise is an integral part of one’s overall health; both physically and mentally, and is the backbone to a healthy lifestyle.
He strives to bring out the best in all his clients no matter what their experience level. Ilan is passionate about helping people attain their personal and physical goals through strength and conditioning, and this passion undoubtedly comes through in his work.
• Can-fit Pro certified personal trainer
• Hockey Canada NCCP Development 1
• CPR and First-Aid certified
• 2013 UBC Men’s Hockey Scholarship Golf Tournament prize coordinator
• 2012 Tough Mudder participant
• 2012 Youth Education Farms volunteer committee
• 2011 Saskatchewan Hockey Association Senior D league championship
• Played 4 years of junior hockey, final season as captain of the Surrey Eagles
• Scholarship recipient for varsity hockey with the University of Saskatchewan Huskies
• 2006 Prince of Wales Secondary School Top Male Athlete award